Monday, July 12, 2004

A Public Service Announcement

For my subscribers (who have subscribed by virtue of me knowing your e-mail address and being helpless to block e-mails): the "reply to all" button is a very delicate instrument, people. The word "all" encompasses many people who are now daily questioning their association with me, and some who now actively seek to sever it. But more importantly, it has many disparate persons who are two degrees of separation removed from you, and who wish to remain that way.

The flurry of e-mails last Friday surpasses my daily requests to help out the Zambian "in charge of bills and foreign exchange remittance Department of GULF BANK PLC" who writes me at least twenty times a day "to ask for your support and co-operation to carry out this business opportunity in my department." It seems he has discovered "an unclaimed sum of ($21.5000 US Million Dollars) in an account belonging to one of our customer, who died in a plane crash with the entire family in year 2000", and "since we got information about his death we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money." In any event, should I ever respond to Muhameed Idris in connection to this business opportunity, needless to say I will have enough money to quit my job and blog full time. Lucky you.

But I also recognize the "Reply to All" serves as a nice forum for keeping a dialogue of inanity going between far flung friends and associates. Therefore, I will send separate alert e-mails to different groups whose members have some affinity to each other. That way, if you hit reply to all, at least everyone will know who you are, and they will blame you rather than me for clogging their e-mail. Also remember that by clicking on the comment button beneath an entry, you can actually post a comment to the blog that can be read by millions each day.

Don't believe me? Well, why don't you google "Ideas Hatched"? I think I am 10th on the list, worthy of first page status. Although on Friday when I checked I was ninth on the list, so I am falling fast. Google it now. Surely with such high Google recognition, I must have many readers by now.








2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it funny that anyone would've complained about receiving email from someone on your list whom they didn't know considering that such emails probably represented 0.01% of their total spam for the day. Do they actually sift through and read each spam? Do they actually sift through and try to unsubscribe to each spam? Don't they know that "unsubscribe" simply unsubscribes them from one list but lets the spammer know they're real people and hence subscribes them to 20 other lists?

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that anyone would want to be recognized as one of your friends. Shouldn't everyone on the old single list want to email each other, if nothing else just to say to one another, "Why the hell does this guy keep e-mailing me?" or "What can we do to make him stop" or "Boy it's nice to know someone else who hates Kobe"

(I only comment because I want a million or so people to see this)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com