Monday, November 28, 2005

SC Justices vs. the Bankers

I haven't said much of anything about the Alito nomination to the Supreme Court. So let me weigh in now. Alito, if confirmed, would be the fifth Catholic on the Court, along with Thomas, Scalia, Kennedy, and Roberts. Two more Catholics on the Court would open up great commercial possibilities of pitting the Catholics on the Court against the seven Swiss Jewish bankers who pull all the strings in the financial world in something akin to the Battle of the Network Stars (I still have disturbing memories of Dan Haggerty racing Kristy McNichol through an obstacle course). Or maybe we just do an annual basketball game. I know, I know, I know. The Jews will cry conspiracy if we play basketball and say that Thomas is surely a ringer, but how sympathetic will the audience be to the seven Jewish bankers crying conspiracy? And what they really should be concerned about is the two Italians as coaches.

*************************************************************************************

$1.83 per gallon of gas in New Jersey on Thanksgiving. That's what I'm thankful for. I haven't seen anything beneath $2.00 per gallon in a long time. I pulled over and topped off even though my tank was 3/4 full; I was tempted to buy some gas cans and fill them up too.

*************************************************************************************



I had been meaning to post this picture for awhile, because if I commented on the wedding of Senior Senior Guard Jack Vizzard without photographic evidence of the event, no old guards would have believed it. Well, there it is, proof positive. Senior Senior Guard Joe McGrath was in attendence, as was I. His beautiful wife's name is Laurie. The Superstar could not be reached for comment, but McGrath did make his wife sign the guest registry as Dave Shuster.

*************************************************************************************

The Saturday prior to Thanksgiving I had a reunion of sorts with the old fraternity buddies at the Lehigh Lafayette game. Lehigh lost in the closing minute of the game. That's the first time I returned to the campus since 1991, the year after I graduated. Anyway, the rivalry is marked by faux hatred - In my day we expressed it with "Lafayette Sucks" graffiti. Today's students are arguably even less clever, and certainly more vulgar, as our old expression seems to have been largely replaced with "F*$& Lafayette" face painted to the cheeks. Tuition probably exceeds $30K there these days, and no one can come up with anything more clever than that? Makes me sorry I donate money to my old school. Oh, wait a minute, I forgot that I've never donated a dime to them. My bad.

************************************************************************************

I note with glee that Commander in Chief, the Hillary infomercial, has just hired Zack from Saved by the Bell. That has to be a sign of trouble, right? Good news for my beloved Office. I am worried, however, that they'll decide to can Geena Davis and replace her with Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell as president. On second thought, I'm not worried about that - I'd actually start watching it then.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious that you think there are only seven Swiss Jewish bankers.

See the Truth revealed!! Check here for the real story

http://www.internationaljewishconspiracy.com/index.html

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it was the political humorist Mark Russell who commented that it wasn't until he was 18 that he realized Jews and Protestants played basketball. Having said that, maybe Thomas played for The High

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Senior Senior Senior Guard John Vizzard got married. If you see him, please tell him Snake sends his best wishes.

I start watching Comander in Chief when they hire Screech. Wait a minute, isn't he still on Saved By The Bell?

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if Mark John Paul Jones Gossalier can sink NYPD Blue, he can sink Commander in Chief.

You know it's bad for LSU when all they can do is copy those who hate Michigan -- Muck Fichigan has been around for decades

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com