Sunday, January 23, 2005

We're 1-3!

Altogether now, Eagles fans ... Whewwww! It was a relatively easy win, costing me a paltry $32 on the Falcons, which doesn't come close to what I had to pay to secure the AL Pennant for the Sox or the leadership of the free world for Bush. But now the Hatcher faces his biggest challenge - I don't know if I can pull it off for the Eagles, but I got three partially funded college funds that say otherwise, and a fourth that I'll nip in the bud to help me sweeten the pot. Maybe the best we Eagle fans can hope for is three straight Super Bowl losses followed finally by redemption. That will give me three opportunities to bet the money line heavy on their opponent, building up a nice war chest that can be parlayed to weather the inevitable Hillary storm in 2008; by mid-November 2008, I'll be blogging from the tropics with a pina colada sweating on my keyboard and my toes buried in the sand.

I think the Eagles will make it close, but the Patriots never seem to make a mistake, and they always seem to come up with a big play when they need one. I am starting to develop a deep-seated hatred for Tom Brady, primarily because there is nothing to hate about him - and guys like that are the worst. A domestic abuse charge, roughing up a paparrazzi photo, hell I'll even take one instance of excessively gaudy celebrating - give me something, Brady, to let me think that in some small aspect in life I am superior to you. Lacking that, I have no choice but to hate the guy. Kobe Bryant, if you are reading this and growing up in Philly meant anything to you, call Tom Brady and give him some advice pronto.

The big question is whether T.O. will be able to play. But wouldn't it be great if they won it without him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com