Friday, October 29, 2004

Presidential Endorsement

The Hatcher takes great pleasure today in endorsing George W. Bush for President, a decision I arrived at in principle about 20 years ago, although I had to wait that long to see which name stood next to the "Republican" designation. Which makes it a far more recent decision than the endorsement of the New York Times.

Here are my reasons:
1) Kerry throws like a girl (which is OK if you are a girl, but otherwise is indicative of severe lack of character - for an example, see Bill Clinton, who also threw like a girl).

2) Edwards is way too concerned with his hair, much like a girl (which is OK if you are a girl, but otherwise is indicative of severe lack of character - for an example, see Bill Clinton, who also worried about his hair like a girl).

3) Jenna Bush.

Sure, none of these reasons have anything to do with the candidate I am endorsing, nor with anything having to do with a rational analysis of the flaws of the candidate I am not endorsing. But I wanted to be consistent with standard journalistic practice on those 2 points.

3 Comments:

Blogger pbryon said...

As much as I like #3, I can't let that sway my decision. I'm basing my vote on the fact that neither Kerry nor Badnarik did not own the Texas Rangers during the Bobby Witt years. And as far as I know, neither was a college cheerleader.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like the Hatcher thinks a female shouldnt be president simply by virtue of being "like a girl"

i know you say it is "ok for a girl" but i detect a implicit belief that being a guy is superior to being a girl and i am moderately offended by that.

unless your real meaning is not "like a girl" but is "like a homo" in which case I am not offended because I live in NJ where we tolerate such things in our politicans

now if a woman does things "like a guy" -- perhaps like belching or cussing, or even presidential guy things like chopping wood at the ranch or mispronouncing "nuke-you-lar" -- does that indicate a severe lack of character on her part?

I know more guys who are way too concerned about their hair (or more often their lack thereof) than I do girls, but in the case of both Kerry and Clinton, given their bad hair, I find their extra focus justified. In fact either one could stand a little more focus in that department.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it funny that those who are folically challenged have to make fun of those who do have good heads of hair. Get over it, wear a hat, and move on with your lives.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com