Friday, June 11, 2004

Reaganman

My four year old twin boys are very fond of Superheroes. To them, there can never be enough of them, and the current supply is found wanting. But they also realize that a Superhero needs a foe. So they make up their own superheros and foes, defined by three things: 1) a name; 2)whether he or not the aforementioned is a good guy or a bad guy; and 3) a modus operendi. The MO doesn't always appear on the surface to serve the superhero in any real capacity, but in the imaginations of my boys, I am sure there is an underlying rationale to the skill set they endow their make-believe heros with. "Steadyman", for example, is a good guy, and he can stay still for four weeks at a time.

It may not be clear what purpose that serves - the ability to stay physically still, but as a metaphor for sticking to right convictions, it is spot on. A close metaphorical cousin of Steadyman must be Reaganman - a good guy - who never wavered in defense of freedom and in opposition to tyranny. I'll teach my boys about Reaganman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who made that last coment sure sounds smart.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com