Monday, December 13, 2004

Merry Christmas from the Hatcher and Judge Scalia

Lucky for you I've discovered how to photo blog, so through the week I'll be posting Hatcher Christmas cards from years gone by for your edification and enjoyment. The last one on Friday will be this year's card, which many of you should be receiving in the mail this week.

The first one posted below didn't actually go out as a Christmas, but it should have. It stems from the days prior to marriage and kids, when I spent my free time partying at the Supreme Court. Every picture is worth a thousand words ... the quicker synapsis from that below is the following:

The young Hatcher was on a preilous path, growing his hair long, listening to rock-n-roll music, refusing to keep six inches distant from dancing partners, eating desserts prior to the meal, occasionally skipping mass on Sundays, etc. I was headed to the gutter fast, until by chance it was all turned around when I met and was inspired by Antonin Scalia - father of nine kids, devout Catholic, hunting partner to Dick Cheney, and Supreme Court Justice. I snuck up behind him while a friend snapped this picture, and he turned to me and said - "Get a haircut, you hippie freak, you're an embarrassment to your family, your country, and your God." My hair has been short ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com